Vakava Team Photo

Vakava Team Photo
Vakava Racers at the Mora Last Chance Race

Monday, January 23, 2017

Elm Creek Wednesday Night Series Races, "Fulton Cup"

Vakava had a great day last Wednesday, January 18th, at the Fulton Cup.  We had a surprise showing from our friend and very elite team-mate, Caitlin Gregg.  Caitlin rounded out our top 3 Vakava skiers and helped us secure an overall title for our third consecutive year.  This was my first time racing in the Fulton Cup.  Unfortunately, I was late in arriving and wasn't able to get a parking spot in time for the skate race, which starts 1/2 hour before the classic race.  I ended up 2nd female in the classic race, behind team-mate Caitin Gregg.  I was less than a second behind team-mate David Christopherson.  The results are completely messed up, they don't even have me listed and they have skiers and their times incorrect throughout.

My skis were fast.  I was in a hurry so I corked in some Fastwax Race Pro Warm.  This stuff is amazing!  It's so quick and easy to apply and it lasted well past my 5km race.  If only parking at the race venue were as easy as applying Fastwax I wouldn't have missed my first race.

No comments:

Post a Comment