Vakava Team Photo

Vakava Team Photo
Vakava Racers at the Mora Last Chance Race

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 Twin Cities Championships

The weather was just about perfect for my first two races of the season.  Saturday's Classic race, held at the Battle Creek Recreation Center, was two rolling laps of a 5 km course.  The groomers did a wonderful job laying out the double tracks.  My skis were great, thanks to Dan Meyer's race day wax recommendations that I followed meticulously.  I applied 1 layer of HSLF 10 Teal, followed by 1 laer HSF 10 Green, and top coated with Flight Cold.  Fast Wax is much easier to apply than many other wax brands, and Dan's waxing instructions are detailed and very easy to follow http://www.skifastwax.com/ski-wax-instructions/nordic-waxing.html  I ended up third in my age class and eigth overall in Saturday's race.  Four of my five kids also raced in today's youth classic races.  These races took place just after the adult and high shool races

Sunday's 15 km free-style race at Theodore Wirth Park started off fast.  I was forth out of the chute in this pursuit race.  I quickly caught the skier in front of me and then just tried to maintain my position.  I think my skis were faster than my body in this race!  Again I used the same wax prescription as in Saturday's race and my skis were great.  This was my first race after having my skis stone ground at Finn Sisu.  Tom, at Finn Sisu, used a Uni grind on my skis.  They were much flatter than before which made them easier to wax.  I ended up second in my 40-49 year age class and fourth overall.

The Sisu race race organizers and the site organizers and volunteer at both venues did an outstanding job

No comments:

Post a Comment