Vakava Team Photo

Vakava Team Photo
Vakava Racers at the Mora Last Chance Race

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Como Championships 10K Freestyle

Second race of the season, this time at Como.  Not quite the exciting course that Woodland Hills is, but another beautiful day, with a little new snow on top of a hard base at about 15 degrees and 80% humidity.  I hardly ever wax up more than one pair of skis for a race these days – it’s a lot easier to let Dan Meyer do the testing and figure out what’s going to work.  Put on Fast Wax Flite Cold over HSF Green over low-fluoro Teal (the Fast Wax Base Saver sure makes it easy to apply the pure fluoros – quick, gentle on the ski bases, and minimal waste).
Skis worked very well.  I’m still losing a little on the uphills to the guys I’m skiing with (need to ski Battle Creek more), but then catching them on the downhills and flats.  I’m counting on fast skis to help me do that.  Won my age class again and finished up 34th overall, behind a strong crowd of college racers home for the holidays.  Kudos to Ben and his crew for a well-run race and a course in excellent condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment